Saturday, January 3, 2015

Off-Topic: Comic Book Reviews For 12-31-2014

There was only one comic book that came out this week that I cared to buy. Publishers only put out about a dozen titles, because of the New Year.

IDW's STAR TREK/PLANET OF THE APES: THE PRIMATE DIRECTIVE
IDW put out one my all-time favorite comic books, featuring a crossover of DOCTOR WHO and STAR TREK. It was a blast, and examined the similarities between Trek's Borg and Who's Cybermen. That book featured the NEXT GENERATION series. When I saw this crossover of PLANET and the original STAR TREK series, I had to pick it up. Of course, it involves cross-dimensional travel, Klingon's, and "damn dirty apes". There is some mystery man involved in all of this too, that I am going to conjecture will turn out to be Trulane. It was fun and I'm excited to see where it all goes. It was well-paced and the art matched the tone. I will be collecting this book.
Storyline: 3.5 Stars
Dialogue: 4 Stars
Pacing: 3.5 Stars
Art: 4 Stars
Overall: 3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment