Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bonhoeffer & Youth Ministry

This is a good article, everyone in ministry should read:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/januaryfebruary/stop-worrying-about-millennials.html

This makes me feel good about the group I lead for three reasons:

1) I talk about Bonhoeffer a lot, and his theology plays a huge role in my life and our group.

2) Theology is a very important part of what we do. We debate and discuss big theological issues. Even though much of what we do uses film and television, the nature of our discussions is deeply theological.

3) My Inter-Generational Bible Study is very much like what I do with youth on Wednesday Nights. I have never really treated my youth any different than I do adults when it comes to theology. I despise fad youth ministry, and always counsel people to stop looking for the 'key' to youth and young adults. People are people.

No comments:

Post a Comment