Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Quotables

"I will not let anyone walk through my mind with dirty feet."- Mahatma Gandhi

"Q: If someone from the 1950's appeared today, what would be the hardest thing to explain to them about the present? A: I have a device in my pocket that gives me access to the sum total of all human knowledge, and I use it to look at pictures of cats and to get into pointless arguments with strangers."-Unknown

"My home is in Heaven, I'm just traveling through this world."- Billy Graham

"Wisdom is not gained by knowing what is right. Wisdom is gained by practicing what is right, and noticing what happens when that practice succeeds and when it fails."- Barbara Brown Taylor

“You are the books you read, the films you watch, the music you listen to, the people you meet, the dreams you have, the conversations you engage in. You are what you take from these. You are the sound of the ocean, the breath of fresh air, the brightest light and the darkest corner.

You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life. You are every single second of every single day. So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence. Let the words run through your veins and let the colors fill your mind until there is nothing left to do but explode. There are no wrong answers. Inspiration is everything. Sit back, relax, and take it all in.
Now, go out and create something.”- Jack Vanek

"As a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting."- Batman 

"People have to see there's a better way. They have to know that there is someone out there that believes in humanity so much, that he's willing to die for them."- Superman 

"It occurred to me on the drive to work that 20 years teaching basic critical thinking skills and the simplest abstract concepts in a community college setting has probably made me a better writer than 20 years in a research university could have ever done."- Andrew Jeffery [Note: I think youth ministry has taught me more about theology than all the education I have received or books I have read.]

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool."- Plato

 "It is not possible to eat me without insisting that I sing praises of my devourer?"- Fyodor Dostoevsky

"Seeing Jesus' resurrected body, Luke 24:41ESV says the disciples "disbelieved for joy." Prayer: LORD, may I be amazed by you." - Steve Corn

 "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..."- Unknown

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.- "Mr." Fred Rogers

  

No comments:

Post a Comment