Monday, June 10, 2013

Not-Really Off-Topic: Great Scenes From THE SEVEN FACES OF DOCTOR LAO


In this one Appolonius of Tyana tells a very self-centered woman her fate in this world. It is one of the most frightening things I've ever seen in a movie, really. So well done, so powerful, such an important message.


Here a cynic gets a look in the mirror. He doesn't really like what he sees.



Here that same cynic is given a lesson in human nature and honesty.


Here Doctor Lao gives a lesson in the meaning of life itself. I saw this the first time when I was very young. When I saw it again as an adult I realized how deeply it must have affected me. So many of my beliefs today revolve around these kinds of ideas. I simply love this moment. It is truly significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment