Friday, June 28, 2013

Fear, Hope & The Present Moment

There are times when the big problems of the world, particularly global warming, threaten to shatter the peace God has given me in Christ Jesus. But then I remember that because Christ is GOD, anything is still possible. There is always hope. I'll pray in the darkness not expecting, but hoping. Things can still work out. I also remember that because CHRIST is God, then every human experience is visited upon God. And so the present moment has an eternity. If I can make this moment all it can be, then what I do now matters, whatever the future might hold good or bad. The future matters, and we must exist as future-oriented beings, at least partially. But the present moment matters too, and so acting righteously has substance even if the future is not as bright as God intends it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment