Friday, June 7, 2013

Miserable And Easy Or Happy And Difficult

Being miserable sucks, but it is extremely easy to do. I have learned the hard way that happiness takes work. I used to think that misery was a more honest existence, but I realize just how short-sighted and stupid this is. Being happy takes practice, focus, and constant internal struggle. Being miserable just takes giving in. When I learned that happiness was a skill that had to be crafted and struggled for, I felt better about being happy. Yes, being miserable sucks, but it appeals to the lazy. Being happy is wonderful, but it takes a damnable amount of hard work, at least if it is going to coexistence in heart dedicated to truth as well as happiness. The high road is a narrow way, almost all great religions agree about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment