Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Rob Bell "Crucified"

Read this article: http://johnpavlovitz.com/2014/12/10/the-continued-crucifying-of-rob-bell-and-what-it-says-about-the-state-of-modern-christianity/

I find myself in almost total agreement with the writer. People would deny my place as a devoted Christian because of my universalism and process theism. They would deny that I put the Bible at the center of my life. Any survey of this blog should be able to prove that untrue. The Bible plays a central ordering role in my existence, and I am vehemently devoted to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. That I take the nature of His power to be different than most, and that I believe His salvation to be more expansive, in no way detracts from His place in my life. Rob Bell's Biblicism is sublime. His willingness to question is not a weakness, it is a strength, and it is in line with the best the Bible has to offer: Abraham arguing over Sodom and Gomorrah, Moses arguing over the fate of the Jews, Jeremiah crying out against his own calling, Habakkuk on the watchtower, Job, Ecclesiastes and even Jesus on the Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment