Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Comic Book Reviews 2- Release Date 7-2-2014

Marvel's DEADPOOL VS X-FORCE #1
This is a fun story that recounts events that were supposed to have taken place in the early 90s. Deadpool has a time machine and X-Force (known at this time as the New Mutants) is going after him. Deadpool's dialogue is (as usual) brilliant, and I like the overall thrust of the comic book. Nothing here is all that original but some of the scenes are excellent. I'm really becoming a big Deadpool fan.
Storyline: 3 Stars
Dialogue: 4 Stars
Pacing: 3.5 Stars
Art: 3.5 Stars
Overall: 3.5 Stars

Boom! Comics' BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA #2
We follow the continuing adventures of Jack Burton as he travels to a mysterious magical world in search of the key to saving his friend. This issue was much better than issue #1 and I see a lot of potential here, though some of the dialogue is repetitive. I especially like Jack Burton's relationship with his new pet demon. This is a good book but if it doesn't pick up it won't be on my pull list for long.
Storyline: 3.5 Stars
Dialogue: 3 Stars
Pacing: 3 Stars
Art: 3 Stars
Overall: 3 Stars

Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: MOST WANTED
This book was okay. It was off the official GUARDIANS canon and I think it was some kind of movie prequel. I hope the film is better than this book. I like the individual ROCKET RACCOON comic that is out right now much better.
Storyline: 2.5 Stars
Dialogue: 3 Stars
Pacing: 3.5 Stars
Art: 3.5 Stars
Overall: 3 Stars

Marvel's NEW WARRIORS #7
The Warriors are pulled into the Inhuman wars as some are captured along with some Inhuman allies. It is interesting how closely the main Marvel universe is following Marvel Universe X right now and that continues to be an issue here. I liked Marvel Universe X. Do I like this turn towards it in the main Marvel Universe? I'm not sure yet. I have mixed feelings about it. This issue of this comic book works well, though. I especially like the way Scarlet Spider is handled. The art isn't the best, but the dialogue is solid. The story isn't especially original but the execution is good.
Storyline: 3.5 Stars
Dialogue: 3.5 Stars
Pacing: 3.5 Stars
Art: 3 Stars
Overall: 3.5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment