Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Comic Book Reviews 1- Release Date 7/2/2014

I had a ton of comic books I picked up on 7/2/2014 and so I'll do half the reviews now and half later.

DC's SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #7
This book has been cancelled, and so the last few issues are coming out VERY slowly. I was so ready for this issue, and man it did not disappoint. While Batman and Wonder Woman fight Wraith, Superman faces down a powered-up US military. The results are wondrous. The art is what really stands out here, though the dialogue is solid to. The storyline isn't totally original but the themes are handled in some new ways. Overall this is a good book and I liked this issue.
Storyline: 4 Stars
Dialogue: 4 Stars
Pacing: 4 Stars
Art: 4.5 Stars
Overall: 4 Stars

DC's and Dynamite's BATMAN MEETS THE GREEN HORNET #2
Kevin Smith's foray into the silly world of the original BATMAN series continues as we find out that the Joker is behind much of the antics of General Gumm. The continued animosity of the caped crusader towards the Hornet really adds to the overall story. This definitely harkens back to their original meeting in the 60s (that was one of my favorite episodes of the old series). The cover art by Alex Ross really adds to the overall aesthetic which is already tops. I'm enjoying all of this so much.
Storyline: 4 Stars
Dialogue: 4.5 Stars
Pacing: 4 Stars
Art: 4.5 Stars
Overall: 4.5 Stars

DC's EARTH 2 #25
While this Darkseid/Evil Superman storyline is taking a little too long for me, I'm enjoying the new characters introduced through this storyline more and more. The new 'good' Superman and his now tempered pacifism is very interesting, and I like the way Green Lantern and Flash are taking charge. It has been so refreshing to have my favorite EARTH 2 characters take front and center again. This continues to be one of DC's best.
Storyline: 3.5 Stars
Dialogue: 4 Stars
Pacing: 4 Stars
Art: 4 Stars
Overall: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment