Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sadness

I am often full of sadness. Depression is a shadow that sometimes follows me around. But even beyond the depression I am still happy. I am content even in my sadness. This will pass, and objectively my life is pretty good. Time to focus on Jesus Christ, to remember that He suffered too, and so there is nothing in my pain that isn't known by God. I am not being punished nor is God indifferent to my pain. I am not alone in my sadness. Whatever struggles I face, I face with God and so my struggles matter. Get up, do the work God has set before you. Take an Ecclesiastes' attitude about life, a Gospel attitude about God, and a Revelation attitude about the devil. Flip satan the bird and give God a hand by getting up and getting it done. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment