Friday, June 27, 2014

Off-Topic: Comic Book Reviews

Marvel's THUNDERBOLTS #27
This comic book is just fantastic, and I can't recommend it enough. I don't like that we are seeing a split in the team, because those kinds of story lines are never my favorite. But it is making for some great drama and dialogue and I'm happy with the overall effort. I like the operation of Red Hulk's mind, the way Ross is just an absolutist about 'the ends justifying the means'... it makes for some thoughtful reading.
Storyline: 3.5 Stars
Dialogue: 4.5 Stars
Pacing: 3.5 Stars
Art: 4 Stars
Overall: 4 Stars

Marvel's SILVER SURFER #3
This story arc ended in a bit of a frenetic way. I don't fully know what I feel about it, except to say that there was more bad than good. The art is getting a little repetitive and the pacing was off here, but in the overall I liked the tight storytelling and some of the dialogue was really good. All in all a good but not great ending.
Storyline: 3.5 Stars
Dialogue: 3.5 Stars
Pacing: 2.5 Stars
Art: 3 Stars
Overall: 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment