Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Priorities

I am a husband first, a minister second, a friend and family member third, a seeker after knowledge fourth, a dancer fifth, and a nerd sixth. Throughout it all, at every level of my hierarchy of concern, I am a child of God, and when I'm doing anything I right I am a servant of Jesus Christ. Faith is not something that has one place within my hierarchy of concerns, it is the foundation of all that I am and underlies all of my concerns. In all that I do I seek the face of God. In my relationship with my wife I seek to live out the relational nature of the Trinity. As a minister, I try to bring God's Word into the lives of those I meet. In my role as brother, child, uncle and friend, I seek to serve Christ in other people. In knowledge of science, theology and philosophy I seek to understand God and God's Creation better. Dancing and pop culture concerns are both, for me, religious experiences. In them I experience God's joy. I think of God as an entertained entertainer, as a scientist, an artist, as a force dancing through the universe and inviting us to dance with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment