Saturday, May 4, 2013

A World Without Fairies

Douglas Adams reportedly once said: "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it?"

When I first heard this I thought, "he experiences beauty without the fairies? That must suck." The content of experience is magical, to me. I hear music in the sunset and a message in the stars. There are times when I doubt the music and the message, but I can only run away from them and into oblivion. I guess there are some who don't see the fairies. I would think such a world rather bland, and it probably lends itself to atheistic attitudes and beliefs. 

1 comment:

  1. People who don't believe in fairies obviously do not have an imaginitive, fun, and adventurous 7 year old little girl living in their home.

    I am here to say, "Fairies are real, because I have one living with me. She even sprinkles fairy dust under my pillow every night so that I might have sweet dreams when I come home from work. Thank you very much."

    ReplyDelete