Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ooops

Well I was wrong about the last post being my only post of the day. Bill Vallicella has made it impossible to hold to that 'promise'. Read his latest post on consciousness, it is good:

http://maverickphilosopher.typepad.com/maverick_philosopher/2013/02/bull-meets-shovel-could-consciousness-be-a-conjuring-trick.html

It reminds me of an exchange between Robert Wright and Freeman Dyson (this is my memory of the exchange):

Dyson: "You know these days some people try to say that it is an illusion."
Wright: "What, consciousness?"
Dyson: "Yes, mm-hmm."
Wright: "Maybe for them, I know I have it."
Dyson: "Ha ha, yes, that's my feeling too."





PS: This marks my 200th post on this blog. Two and a half months ago I started blogging daily, at the behest of my very wise and wonderful sister Jamie Nguyen. It has not always been easy, but the practice is very edifying. I feel myself growing daily as a Christian and a writer. Thanks to everyone who reads, it is an extra motivation to keep up with the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment