Monday, February 11, 2013

A Message From Shinedown

"Someone save me if you will, and take away, all these pills. And please just save me, if you can, from my blasphemy in my wasteland."- Shinedown, SAVE ME

Some of us have had the misfortune of waking up one day to find our lives are a blasphemy. It is a terrible truth to face. We look in the mirror and no longer see anything resembling the image of God, but rather the purely demonic. But in that awareness is hope. For if one's life is a blasphemy, then there must be a God. For if there is no God, then there is no God to blaspheme. If blasphemy is a reality, then God too must be a reality.

I had my moment a long time ago, and thanks be to God and our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, I have been trying to undo the damage I visited upon the life of God. I stopped the quest to murder the image of God within me, and that was a major achievement. However, as I've said before I learned along the way that there is a deeper debt we all owe for the honor of being alive. I feel I have not even begun to really start to pay that one off. I am satisfied that because of Jesus Christ, my trying to is enough. The first step to salvation is an awareness of one's own sinfulness. Indeed this is part of the reason for the Cross. It reveals my own wretchedness as much as God's goodness. In that two-fold revelation is the door to salvation, to the good life.


No comments:

Post a Comment