Friday, January 25, 2013

Quotables

"I learned later, and I am still learning up to this moment that it is only by living completely in this world that one learns to have faith. By this worldliness, I mean living unreservedly in this world in life's duties, problems, successes and failures. Taking seriously, not our own sufferings, but the sufferings of God in the world. In so doing we throw ourselves into the arms of God, standing with Christ at Gethsemane. That I think is faith, that is metanoia, and that is what it means to be a Christian, and a man." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

1 comment:

  1. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, have you seen this yet? Really took Taylor by the heart. I'm going to try to see it during my vacation. She told me about most of it though. There is this sense of unity in humanity even with all of our differences.

    ReplyDelete