Friday, January 4, 2013

A Terrifying But True Dream

I had a dream a few days ago that stuck with me and still does today. In it Jesus was being nailed to a cross with a hypodermic needle, while a man was screaming at him for money. Terrifying, disturbing, but true. This is the reality of drugs and drug addiction. Christ is indeed "The Lamb Slain From The Foundation Of The World" (Revelation 13:8) and He is crucified daily. What horror is visited on Jesus, what terror He experiences simultaneously here and now, and 2000 years ago in Judea. "That was a long time ago"...no, my friends it was just a moment ago. I have visions of heaven and hell. I am a universalist, and so I don't think hell is anyone's eternal destiny. But hell is real. There is an ultimate consequence of our sins. It is visited on the life of God. It was there in that vision. Hard as it was to experience, I praise God for revealing the truth to me. God, let the weight of sin crush me down so I can truly discover your Son.

Further reading:

Hebrews 6:6

Matthew 25:31-46


No comments:

Post a Comment