Friday, April 11, 2014

Off-Topic: Comic Book Reviews

DC's CONSTANTINE #13
I'm a little lost with this book, which is probably partly my fault because I haven't kept up with this consistently, but I really think it also is the result of the tie-ins with FOREVER EVIL that came before this book. Additionally, this issue tries to do some special things with pacing, and because of the break in the story, the end result is a book that feels badly paced. I was a little lost, though it seems interesting. Again, maybe partly my fault, but I think also the result of the way the story has proceeded. Assuming some responsibility, I'm going to be rating this one liberally.
Storyline: 3.5 Stars
Dialogue: 3.5 Stars
Pacing: 2 Stars
Art: 3 Stars
Overall: 3 Stars

DC's SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #7
This issue felt a lot like a place holder, and there really wan't much of a story at all. The pacing was completely off. I did like the art and the aesthetic of Doomsday seems right on. The relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman seems a little awkward and I think that actually works. But besides that character development, which I liked, this book left a lot to be desired.
Storyline: 2.5 Stars
Dialogue: 3.5 Stars
Pacing: 1.5 Stars
Art: 4 Stars
Overall: 2.5 Stars

LEGEND OF OZ: THE WICKED WEST #17
This book continues to deliver though there is a small, SMALL, crack in the overall project that appears in this book. The writers have so many story lines going on, sometimes a thread gets left kind of hanging for too long, and when you pick the book back up you can be a little lost. Here we are back with Jinjur and her quest to release the Gnome King, and those forces that are trying to stop her. But once I got my bearings, I really enjoyed everything about this issue. The glass cat was particularly interesting, as was the twist ending. I love this book, and while this isn't the best issue that they've put out so far, it still is better than 90% of what is out there.
Storyline: 4 Stars
Dialogue: 4.5 Stars
Pacing: 4 Stars
Art: 4 Stars
Overall: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment