Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Off-Topic: Comic Book Reviews

I picked up a couple of extra comics after my subscription pick-up and these are my reviews:

Marvel's LONGSHOT SAVES THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #2
The first issue of this comic was good, this one not so much. I felt like the pacing in this comic was so bad, that everything felt out of order or something. It was all but impossible to follow. The first half wasn't so bad, but the last half was a jumbled mess. This is why pacing is important, and if it gets bad enough it can ruin a comic. I didn't know exact what was going on. Had Longshot's contact with the cosmic cube scrambled the universe? Are we in an alternative timeline? I did like the stuff about the In-Betweener and the dialogue was okay, but overall this book left a lot to be desired.

Storyline: 2 Stars
Dialogue: 3 Stars
Pacing: 1.5 Stars
Art: 3 Stars
Overall: 2 Stars

Marvel's SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #19

The crossover event with Spider-Man 2099 concludes and it concludes with some good and some bad. The bad: Doc Ock/Spidey's incessant cliche villainspeak. God it annoys me. I just don't like Superior Spider-Man. The good: everything they did with Miguel O'Hara. Spidey 2099 is one of my favorite lesser-known DC characters and I like that he's back in the Spider-Man mainstream. I hope he gets a book of his own. And I hope it holds my interest for more than half a dozen issues (so few comics do these days).

Storyline: 3.5 Stars
Dialogue: 2.5 Stars
Pacing: 3.5 Stars
Art: 3.5 Stars
Overall: 3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment