Friday, December 13, 2013

Off-Topic: Comic Book Reviews Part 1

Dynamite's GRIMM: THE WARLOCK #1
I know Dynamite gets some flack from actors over their use of likenesses without permission, but I gotta tell you, it is hard to hate the company when the results are this entertaining. While the pacing in this book was a little off, the overall was excellent. They need to get a better artist though. I'm just not feeling the visuals.
Storyline: 4 Stars
Dialogue: 3.5 Stars
Pacing: 2.5 Stars
Art: 2.5 Stars
Overall: 3.5 Stars

DC's JUSTICE LEAGUE #25
The FOREVER EVIL storyline continues with an in-depth look at the history of OWLMAN and his modern day attempts to co-opt Nightwing. There were some real twists and turns here, though I am dreaming of brighter days for the New 52 universe. I hope we can see some more classic stuff like we're seeing in SUPERMAN: UNCHAINED and the SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN books when this Crime Syndicate stuff is done.
Storyline: 4.5 Stars
Dialogue: 4 Stars
Pacing: 4 Stars
Art: 4 Stars
Overall: 4.5 Stars

Zenescope's CODE RED #1
I really don't like this new direction for Zenescope. All this neo-secret agent stuff with the fairy tale characters doesn't really connect with me. I enjoy the OZ series more because it is more of what Zenescope does best: taking classic tales and giving them a new twist. This wasn't a terrible book, but I'll not be picking up issue 2.
Storyline: 2.5 Stars
Dialogue: 3.5 Stars
Pacing: 3.5 Stars
Art: 3.5 Stars
Overall: 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment