Saturday, August 17, 2013

Not-Really Off Topic: Quantum Leap

I recently finished a Bible study using the old 80s television show Quantum Leap. Now I'm rewatching the series. Man, this show was good. Additionally, it was a show that I could've used as a Bible study for like five years. This was such an interesting, absurdist (in the best way) hodgepodge of science fiction and faith play. It was DOCTOR WHO meets TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL. Becket was a time traveller whose experiment was taken over by God. Like God was waiting for someone to do what he did so The Big Guy would have this new weapon against evil. The experience of being leapt from life to life captured the called life perfectly. You touch lives, you move on. I often reflect on all the relationships I've forged in my life as a youth minister, many very intense but short lived. I've cried as I've said goodbye to many people, only to move into new duties with new people to care about almost instantly. I feel like Sam, doing my God-given duty, working on the world like a Kingdom Builder, but living like my home is Somewhere Else.

No comments:

Post a Comment