Wednesday, November 27, 2013

One-Post Wednesday: The Last Moment

I doubt in the last moment many people think about the revenge they never got, the drugs they never did, the sex they didn't have, the things they didn't buy.

I suspect many people in the last moment think about the forgiveness they didn't give, the love they never shared, the words they failed to say, the book they missed out on, or the thing they never learned.

It can be a very fruitful thing, reflecting on that last moment. For any moment may be your last. A Muslim proverb serves me well, "live for this life as if it will never end, and the next as if you will die tomorrow." What did I give to God? This is the question that will haunt me, I suspect. I gave both suffering and joy. I hope I gave more the latter than the former, but there is no way to know for sure, as Ecclesiastes reminds us endlessly. We can only hope that God's grace is what Jesus said it was.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I will be posting the prayer of thanks I make daily. I am thankful to God for so many things. But it is important to think about the most important things. I thank God for all I am and do. But there are some things I need to be more aware of. What are those things for you? What will you think about in that last moment? What would you do if this day were your last? Worthy things to think about as the day of thanks approaches.

One thing I am thankful for is my readers. My last moment will be filled with less regret because I started to blog more heavily. My words here are given to those who read them, but they are also sacrifices to God. I hope they edify and enrich your life because if they do, I can have confidence they also satisfy and enrich His.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone. You are a gift from God to me. I hope through me God gives a little something back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment