Sunday, November 24, 2013

Off-Topic: What I Did On My Vacation

The lull in blogging was due to my being on vacation. I attended WIZARD CON, a fantasy, sci-fi, and comic book convention in Austin. Here are some highlights from my trip:

Meeting Tom Hutchison from the comic publisher BIG DOG INK. He co-created and co-writes a favorite comic of mine, LEGEND OZ: THE WICKED WEST. I've long wanted to meet some of the people behind that book and I finally did. He signed a comic for me and I got to directly give him my feedback...I was very excited.

Meeting the animator Tom Cook and having him sign my SUPER FRIENDS DVD. He was excited to see it. This man had an incredible career, working on some of the most iconic kids shows of all time.

Getting my Adam Warlock commission from Javier Avila, Jr

The Stan Lee Panel...I got to ask him a question.

The James Marsten Panel... I originally had no interest in this but the guy blew me away. This was a great experience.

The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Episode... Simulcast with the BBC premiere on movie-size screens, surrounded by whovians, this was so much fun.

The Scott Bakula/ William Shatner Panel... I had a pretty extended conversation with Bakula, and got a very interesting story to bring home. This was the absolute high point of the convention for me.

The Bruce Campbell Panel- This was basically a 45 minute stand up routine. It was absolutely hilarious.

My wife found a Wonder Woman art piece to add to her collection and she got a deal on it. I was very proud of her shopping skills.

Finally, I found a shirt I've been looking for for months.

Overall, a great trip!

1 comment:

  1. Josh, Glad to hear you had such a good time and I'm looking forward to the debrief on Bakula.

    ReplyDelete